A healthy alternative to your favorite, fried guilty pleasure! The contrasts in flavors and textures make these fried Horseradish Pickle Chips a great snack!
- 1 quart of Doc Pickle's Horseradish Pickle Chips (drained)
- 2 cups of seasoned flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of Italian bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil to fill sauté pan 1/2 in.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put pickle chips on paper towel covered plate. Do not stack, just one row. Cover chips with another paper towel to soak up excess moisture.
- Place in fridge for 1 hr. Place flour, whisked eggs, and bread crumbs each in separate containers.
- Use standard 3 step breading method to coat the pickle chips. (Lightly but completely coat in flour, then cover with egg wash, and finally cover with bread crumbs.)
- Put sauté pan on medium heat with vegetable oil 1/2 inch high in pan. When heated, place pickle chips in oil.
- Fry each side of chip until golden brown(approx. 45 seconds on each side).
- Place on paper towels on a plate to remove excess oil.
20 ounces of sour cream
2 tablespoons of Horseradish Pickle Brine
2 tablespoons of chopped dill
1 tablespoon of chopped chive
Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly in mixing bowl, pour into serving bowl.
- Serve with Fried Pickle Chips.