The mighty Rueben, quintessential New York sandwich. Here's a recipe from the people who know a thing or two about old school NYC deli cuisine.
- 2 slices, rye bread (we recommend stopping at your local market and picking up some fresh bread for best results)
- As many slices of deli Pastrami as you'd like
- 1/2 cup Dr. Pickle Sauerkraut, drained
- Swiss cheese
- Thousand island dressing, alternatively, try with Dr. Pickle's Spicy Brown Mustard
- Lightly butter one side of the bread slices, spread your choice of dressing on the non buttered side
- Lay the bread butter side down on a skillet on low heat
- Stack sandwich ingredients on one slice and then close it with the other.
- Cook each side until golden brown
- Serve with Dr. Pickle Full Sours and enjoy!